In "The Miss" -Apartment we remind of teacher Ms. Margarethe Hermesdorf, who lived in this flat during her 40 years of service in our school from (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) First employed in times of the Kaiser she taught here until the current Federal Rebublic. She was a modern woman for her time: With the decision to become a teacher she gave up having a family. Due to a Ministerial decree of (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) that was in power until the (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) ies female teachers were autmoatically removed from office with the loss of all rights to a pension if they married. She remained unwed and eventually turned into the "mother of the village" by the time she retired.Guest access
- Bedroom 1: This room maintains the restored original timber floor borads. The manikin of the Loch, acording to local ledgend, a forgotton Roman solidier who guarded a dengours spot in the forest beteween our and the neighbouring village, will sentinel your sleep. The room has a large queen bed (180 cm x 200 cm) and a smal wardrobe for your clothes. During the restoration of the flat we found some period stenciling on the wall, which we made visible in windows into the past.
- Bedroom 2: The second bedroom with a view over on the plane trees of the school yard has a queen bed (180cmx200cm) and a single bed (90 cm x 200 cm); we can exchange the double bed for two singles by request.
- Bathroom: The bathroom has been completely renovated with a XL-Shower (160 cm x 90 cm), sink and mirror, hair dryer and outlets (230V). IN hte bathroom yo will also find a washer and dryer for your use.
- Kitchen/dining area: A special highlight is the open concept kitchen and dining space. Original (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) vintage aluminum kitchen cabinets from Spain habe been restored and combined with new applicances (Stove with oven, dishwasher, small fridge). The microwave hides inside the original (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) built-in kitchen cabinet. Cook togehter and have a glass of wine on the comfortable dining space bucket seat bench (a design by Prof. Soren Kastholm, Denmark from the (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) ies).
- living room: Relax with a good book on the sofa, upload travel memories on (Hidden by Airbnb) or watch a movie on the 49'' TV. Behind the sofa there is an original wal stenceling from the (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) ies. The orange armchairs are a design by Swedish designer Eva Lilja Löwenhielm. The decoration is completed with a Mid-Century folding "Dinett" service torlley and an old military officer's suitcase that serves as table.
Guests have exclusive and private access to all parts of the apartment.Additional notes
Pease note: This is normally an extremly quiet area. But ocasionally there may be events organised by local clubs on our near the grounds of the building. Guests aer welcome to join, but it may be occasionally noisy.Guest interaction
I don't live in our near the building, but I will always be available for questions or in case of problems. A neighbour will help you in case of anything not working.Neighborhood overview
Located in the quiet township of Mötsch just 1,5 miles from Bitburg' s city center with cafés, bars, restaurants, shops, stores and supermarkets, our guesthouse borders directly with the open landscape and hike and bike tracks. Getting around
Our neighbours are the local soccer field and the horse riding club. The sporting club's home is located in the building and looking forward to meet you for a beer or two.
Alte Schule guesthouse is work in progress. The principal's and "The Miss" apartmens are already bookable now. In fall of 2020 more lodging possibilites will follow
Arriving with your car is advisable. There are free parking spaces on our grounds, exclusively for our guests.